webmanager No Comments

Take an overseas jaunt, and get a tax refund!

Keen to escape the winter chills and head off to warmer climates overseas?

There is a scheme available that may take some bite out of your traveling costs. The Tourist Refund Scheme (TRS) lets you claim a refund on the goods and services tax (GST) and wine equalisation tax (WET) on goods you have bought in Australia.

It is not “duty-free” shopping, which is where you need to actually leave the country before you use the goods you have bought. The TRS allows you to use the items you buy, such as clothing or cameras, before leaving Australia, but then get certain amounts back. Read more